0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Firewall & Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Location objects for Guardian exceptions

Source/destination exceptions within Guardian > Web Filter > Exceptions and MobileProxy should be able to use Location objects rather than typing ranges/IPs in.

I'm thinking a similar interface to the Guardian Authentication Exceptions page.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Locations to be replicated even if not in use in any policy

Currently locations are only replicated when they are used with in a policy. Would be useful if locations are replicated even if they are not in use so both boxes have the same locations defined.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time Periods in Portal

It would be helpful if the timeperiods defined in SmoothWall are available in the portal so a teacher would be able to block a student for that particular perioud, as not to disrupt other lessons after.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display Complete Traffic Units on Dashboard Graph

The Dashboard traffic graph just shows "k" for the units, whereas they are technically kBytes/sec (according to Smoothwall support). Can this be updated to show kB/s? Should be a simple fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove button on the Portal

At current, there is only an Add button on the portal for temporary bans, I would like a remove button because the temporary ban may have a mistake or the user needs internet access and a Smoothwall Admin isn't available at the time.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Users To Put Comments On Temporary Bans On The Portal

At Current, you can put comments on temporary bans on Services » Authentication » Temporary bans, but when you add a temporary ban on the portal, you are unable to enter comments as to why you are banning a certain user.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IPS Rule Builder

If you have ever used eEye digital security's BLINK product these last 12 years on the desktop then you have fallen in love with its IPS rule builder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to change the font size on the Email footer.

We would like to change the font size on the email footer to a smaller font so it doesn't take up so much room. Use the size at present as the default and the biggest and be able to choose a couple of different smaller sizes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. can swurl be configured to allow search terms and wildcards?

Would it be possible to configure SWURL with the option to apply to individual lists wildcards and search terms?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. temporary rules that timeout

Ability to create a rule that times out and deletes its self after x amount of time.

This would help in situations where I need to make a rule to allow some machine to get somewhere that I know that I need to delete after I've done whatever needs done. I sometimes forget to go in a delete the rule, meaning stuff can get where it shouldn't.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firewall & Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Granularity with reports

I have provided a report of my recent web usage,for when I have been testing the software and have highlighted examples of where social networking sites are included. I have used three different colours ;-

Yellow highlighted - Logged when I didn’t access the site so am assuming that they were links from other pages
    Green highlighted - Examples of where I did access the sites.
    Blue highlighted - When I left Facebook open overnight without actively using it.

I understand that it would be difficult to stop the reports from showing facebook etc. when there are links to it…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A search tool to see what rules affect ip a.x.y.z

Large list such as those found on zone bridging and outgoing sources pages can be hard to read.

We should provide a means of easily looking at rules that affect only the traffic we are concerned with.

some thing like a search box(s) for ip address, source ip, dest ip, source port, dest port, etc. When the search is run, only the rules that will affect that traffic are displayed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firewall & Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select what adapters Guardian uses.

Right now our main likes are 2 T1s bonded together...for 3Mbps. We have LOTS of IPs for these old lines.

Our Secondary connection is a new 50Mbps service we use for guardian http traffic. Guardian for some reason only sends out HTTPS traffic via the Primary connection never the secondary.

It would be nice to control what adapters Guardian uses.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to add exceptions to Smoothwall Categories

On the Policy Objects --> User Defined section give the ability to both add and remove from existing Smoothwall categories

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Static Firewall Log - be able to view the info from Networking » Filtering » IP block - where log has been enabled

When an IP block has been enabled in Networking » Filtering » IP block and set to log, it would be good to be able to select a filtered output on the firewall log to just show these blocked attempts and their source IP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4OD is not working for the school who uses it intensively for children education.

4OD from channel4 is used by a lot of school in their teaching environment. There has been issues when playing these videos when going through smoothwall web proxy. The videos work fine without the web proxy.
    The issue has been reported nearly 3 months ago but still hasn't been resolved.
    I think this issue needs addressing and some resource directed in to this to fix the problem

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MD5 sum not provided when customers download ISOs manually

When using http://customer.smoothwall.net/download to download an ISO for a product, the MD5 sum is not provided so customers and resellers cannot verify their downloads. Could this be provided?

When Support send a download link via email, the MD5 sum and file size is included in the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow DNS names in destination exceptions

Feature request from customer.

In Guardian > Web Filter > Exceptions > Manage destination exceptions, I'd like to be able to use dns names, not just IP addresses.

Why? We use transparent auth for BYOD staff devices for ease of config. Certain apps on those devices assume a direct https connection and don't play nicely with transparent auth.

So I could use an exception, right? Provided I know that it's safe to do so for that destination.

Unless the service I'm connected to is load-balanced and my request could be served by server01.region.domain.com or server45.region.domain.com or server87.otherregion.domain.com depending on their…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base