Smoothwall Filter (On Premise)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Condense Alerts/Alert Settings Page

Both the Alerts and Alert Settings pages should be condensed down to a table of the current information. The settings are so spread out that making modifications to the pages is time consuming and unintuitive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Policy Testing is not working

The Policy Testing function is not working. When I use it to investigate a block page, the policy tester tells me that the page is loading without incident. Upon testing with the user themselves, a block page appears and denies the user access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stop closing the exclude box in web filter log

If you move your mouse outside of the exclude box in the web filter log, it closes, this is EXTREMELY annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the date and time configuration more user-friendly on the report page.

1) Allow configuration of default date and time. Most reports I use are for the current day not the past week.

2) Let the date/time selection be part of the header of the page so that when scrolling down to a report the date/time selection is still visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hyperlink to Category or Category Group

Hyperlink to Category or Category Group from Guardian\Web Filter\Manage Policies

i.e. be able to click the "What" field and be taken directly to the Categrory \ Category Group

Many the same fot the Where Field too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Re-orgnize Menus and Dashboard

I have worked on many firewall devices and see the GUI of Fortigate is very easy for the user.
    I recommend the Smoothwall's GUI should be similar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Update IPSec VPN site-to-site to use SHA2 at minimum

When testing IPSec VPN site-to-site with other vendors (PFSense for example), SmoothWall will only negotiate phase 1/2 using SHA1. In the web UI it simply shows "SHA" without the ability to choose SHA1, SHA256, or SHA512. Using SHA1 is obviously sub-optimal and should be updated to accommodate modern cryptography.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. put some lines across the page of something

With a lot of pages, like this one the list of rooms is on the left and the allow block is on the right. It is easy to pick the wrong one. I have to reduce the window size until the bottom of the page provides a rule across the page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase Key/IKE Lifetime maximums to 600 minutes

Currently, we are unable to setup an IPSec connection to Google Cloud Platform as they require 36000 seconds / 600 minutes / 10 hours as their Phase 1 lifetime but the Smoothwall does not support lifetimes over 28800 seconds / 480 minutes / 8 hours.

https://cloud.google.com/vpn/docs/concepts/supported-ike-ciphers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GLOBAL replicated firewall rules

GLOBAL replicated firewall rules that can be replicated to child nodes, just like Guardian policies in a tenant environment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firewall & Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide statistics on which firewalls have been used, how much, and when.

I have a large number of firewall rules. When I do an audit it would be great to be able to see information relating to how used the rule has been - the number of packets, the volume of data, the typical hours of use, the host distribution, and the last time traffic was permitted to the rule.

This would make it much easier for me to identify which rules are actually no longer needed, and also provide information as to how the rules might be tightened.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it possible to set an End Date for firewall rules

I am regularly told that a port needs to be opened for a fairly brief period of time - sometimes it's just one day, sometimes a week or a couple of months. It would be great if I could set up the firewall rule and at the same time specify a date & time when the rule expires. (even better if I could have a choice of whether to delete it, disable it, or notify me of the fact that I need to check if the rule is still needed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 'Earlier' and 'Later' buttons

I would like to see the 'Earlier' and 'Later' navigation buttons at the bottom of the realtime web filter page. At present, they are only at the top and the user needs to scroll back up to the top of the page to progress forward in time or go backwards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add options to block/allow for specific categories

On the quick block/allow page add the option of adding to a specific category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable or disable HTTPS inspection depending on transparent or non-transparent proxy

Enable or disable HTTPS inspection depending on transparent or non-transparent proxy.

For instance, with our previous filtering provider (RM SafetyNet+) we could let guest users access the internet with transparent proxy where HTTPS interception would NOT be performed (no need for additional certificates), or set school devices to use sslfilter.proxy.swgfl.org.uk where HTTPS interception would apply.

I understand HTTPS inspection can be enabled or disabled by location, but most primary schools only have flat networks and a single DHCP scope.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to import multiple CIDRs at a time into the same object rather than one CIDR at a time in different objects

If I want to allow connections on non-standard ports (i.e. not 443 or 80, everything else is default dropped) to a wide range of addresses owned by the same hosting company, it would be much easier to paste in a list of CIDR IPs into the same object rather than one CIDR at a time into different objects.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. IDS

I have worked with several firewall appliances in the past that have the ability to drop or reset network traffic when a threat is detected by the IDS. If a threat is deemed as a false positive, a rule can be created to whitelist that particular vulnerability for that IP address of the internal device. This would help stop any threats from communicating on the network until deemed safe.

I would also like to see the source IP address of the internal device when running reports. Currently, we only see the Firewall public IP -> External IP of device on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Heartbeat Alert

It would be a nice feature if we could receive once or twice per day an alert from the device that simply says "Hello, I'm still here". We have configured alerts, but this particular alert does not exist today.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base