Smoothwall Filter (On Premise)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IDex Agent exclude specific usernames

Some desktop software uses it's own domain user account to authenticate and communicate with servers. This can cause that user to be logged-in on that workstation rather than the real user.

Option to configure a list of usernames that IDex should ignore if seen by the Agent.

Workaround: Change service usernames to include a $ symbol at the end and they will be ignored by IDex Agent.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Chris Humby responded

We’re planning a small bug-fix update to IDex Agent soon.

If there’s time I’d like to include this feature request too. For now this would likely be an additional configuration field where a list of usernames to exclude can be specified.

Would this fulfil your requirements? Please add your comments to the discussion on uservoice.

2. Administrators of Smoothwall should be authentiated via Active Directory/RADIUS (i.e. not local users)

Currently administrators of Smoothwall are local users. I'd like to be able to integrate the administrators to Active Directory or RADIUS..... i.e. no local users. The same could be said for Portal Users. I don't want to have to administer a whole host of local users and passwords.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base