Any and all ideas and feedback for Smoothwall

Alternate Line Colouring throughout

Not all areas have alternate line colouring e.g. Guardian >> Policy Objects >> User Defined, which makes it difficult to track which edit icon you need to click.

Alternatively, or ideally as well as, a click on the name of the item should open a pop up with the options there, so I could click on Staff Allowed and be offered Edit and Delete in a context menu.

An optional comment metadata field for entries in these user defined groups would also be very handy, so that when a URL is unblocked a note can be attached with requesting teacher, date, reason - just a small text field as with User Bans would suffice.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt Dovey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  Philip Smith responded  · 

This is rolling out across the entire platform as we update features

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mouse over on the 'block pages' page does not tell you which page you are about to edit. It just says "Edit block page" on each one. This is a similar consistency issue to not having alternate colouring throughout.

• Tim Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In most instances on this page I expect the requirement is to edit the category rather than delete it. I would suggest that clicking on the name automatically edits/views the category, and the delete button is kept out of the way. The same can be adopted in other areas as well, for example the block pages page.

• Matt Dovey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I have just noticed that hovering over the edit icon tells you which category you're about to edit, which is lovely. Tah for that!

Feedback and Knowledge Base