Smoothwall Filter (On Premise)

Any and all ideas and feedback for Smoothwall

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tie safeguarding reports to blocked / allowed activities

I have a product improvement suggestion that would aid us greatly in finding an actual use for the safeguarding part of the Smoothwall UTM product.

At present, there is no real link between the Safeguarding instant notifications & reports, and the web filtering logs that they are built upon. Usually, when we discover a real safeguarding issue after trawling through a large quantity of false safeguarding flags, we currently have to go back through the logs to establish whether the noted issues were or were not actually blocked. This takes a lot of time, and is essential to be able…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blocked pages feature request

It would be really useful the 'Blocked' pages URL included the full URL...at present, they are truncated.

Thanks

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Temporary group mapping in User Portal

We want the ability in the User Portal the teachers can temporary add active directory groups to a smoothwall group. In some cases teachers want to allow or deny for example YouTube for a specific lesson. For the perfect result the administrator can filter the Active Directory and Smoothwall groups, so the teachers can only map allowed groups.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Firewall log viewer should have a NOT boolean function

In the firewall viewer it should be possible to have a NOT option. This is a standard feature on other firewall products. e.g. if wanting to see all the traffic from a particular IP address except ports 80 & 443.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firewall & Routing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show IP address / mac address and DNS name of station / location and record all of them in the log.

If you only record the ip address, in a DHCP environment it's difficult track back and check where and /or what machine was used to browse a certain URL or violate policy.

Please ensure that the smoothwall logs contain the DNS name / mac address picked up in realtime when the log is recorded.

Thanks .

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guardian Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reporting enhancement: list 20 previous URLs prior to a block

Reporting enhancement: list 20 previous URLs prior to a block

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Address Objects to include DOMAIN WILD CARDS (like *.domain.com)

Due to the development of Cloud Services I need to place domain wildcards into Smoothwall Address Objects instead of ever changing IP Addresses.
    Address Objects ONLY allow IP addresses and ranges but this does not work where external IP addresses are changing unpredictably under a DNS domain (where the Domain name remains constant of course).
    An increasing number of cloud services make this feature increasingly urgent.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to notify any pending updates by email

Ability to notify any pending updates by email to individual or group email address. This would use the same smtp credentials as the report notifications section, outgoing settings.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Roadwarriors Security

On the Network -> VPN -> SSL roadwarriors page new groups are enabled by default. I feel all groups should be disabled unless specifically enabled. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please fix the DoS hack for the login pages

There is a simple DoS flaw that needs to be fixed. If a client has a program that sends many requests to the internet and they aren't authenticated then it overloads and kills the login pages for everyone. The same problem could happen by simply holding F5 refresh on the login page to spam the page with requests, this is an huge problem, and a security flaw that should have been fixed long ago by restricting the number of requests the auth pages respond to for any given IP or client.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bandwidth Monitoring

Give option to show bandwidth in mbps/s rather than kbps/s and make columns right justified making figures easier to read.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Category Folder Name

I'd really like the ability to name a category folder.

A folder that I can name "Google for Education" for example and within that folder I can add the various allow and blocking policies. Currently, If I careate a folder with the "Who " and "What" fields blank, so I can stipulate them within the folder, I can't see what the folder is used for unless I open it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Heartbeat Alert

It would be a nice feature if we could receive once or twice per day an alert from the device that simply says "Hello, I'm still here". We have configured alerts, but this particular alert does not exist today.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow a reboot to be scheduled on a regular basis

Allow the users to schedule a reboot when they want as far in the future as they want.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Help display

help distorts page display

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subnet Routing Verification & Automatic Undo after 10 seconds

Currently, if I type in a incorrect route, lets say I did a 10.60.4.0/20 . It accepts it, even though the subnet should start at 10.60.0.0. This in essence makes you believe your route is in place but the Smoothwall simply ignores it. It would be nice to see a validation or do what Watchguard/Other firewalls do and prevent incorrect routes being put in.

Additionally, when a route is put in, it should apply the setting but then undo itself after 10-15 seconds unless you confirm it. Similar to when you change resolution on a windows PC. This will then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fdsfds

fdfdsf

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. DHCP Relay via IPSEC VPN

It would be useful to be able to point clients at a central DHCP server via IPSEC VPN. This would make administration of remote sites (Schools) easier

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add notes to source and destination exception list so that I.P addresses are identifiable from the screen

At present we have a list of devices shown by I.P address in our web filter exceptions. It would be a bonus if we could add a device name or location to the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No block page with Request button for "Server Socket Error"

Currently, non-filtering errors such as "Server Socket Error" or various SSL Certificate errors cause the SmoothWALL block page to come up. The users think it's because we blocked them from the page, and send us requests to unblock (no one reads or understands the "Reason" details) a webpage that isn't blocked.

Please give us conditional control over different types of server errors so that we can "drop connection" or use a custom block page for them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Smoothwall Filter (On Premise)

Feedback and Knowledge Base